Sunday, March 2, 2014

200 days

The Scottish Referendum will be held on 18th September - just 200 days away. The excitement is building as each day passes, and I am so aware of the incredible feeling of optimism. The sense of being caught up in such an historically significant time is tangible - spine tingling, gut wrenching, breath-taking moments of awe flood through me, when I think about the chance we have to choose our own path. It's scary - all change is, but like the book says "Feel the fear and do it anyway". I hope we do. In 200 days time we go to the polls. I will be voting Yes, and I fervently hop and pray that the majority will too. In this space, I hope to capture some of these feelings, and share thoughts about these  special days. I am not a political writer or thinker - there will be no deep analysis here - this is the diary of a wee wummin watching her world change.

No comments:

Post a Comment